Hair loss can have negative impacts on both men and women, especially when the situation seems to only be getting worse by the day. Whereas there are so many fixes today, everyone takes pride in their natural hair and when it begins to thin it is normal to start getting concerned. Luckily, even though there are so many factors leading to hair loss, it is possible to reverse the effects products that are designed to counter it.
If you are experiencing hair loss and thinning, you may want to consider a proper shampoo. When used correctly, you should be able to start seeing changes with your hair growth. But this also means getting a shampoo that is top in quality and one that has ingredients that actually aid hair growth. Below are a few ingredients that can help grow your hair boosting your self-esteem in the process.
- Minoxidil - It is a popular ingredient found in most products designed for hair loss. It prolongs anagen phase of hair cell which is the growth phase, thus promoting hair growth. The efficacy of this ingredient is well documented and it is said to actually work for most users. It is indeed an incredible ingredient for hair loss, hair thinning and hair growth.
- Caffeine - You will also find this ingredient in most hair loss products. Caffeine basically works by stimulating elongation of the hair shaft and prolongs the hair growth cycle through DHT hormone effects blocking. Regularly using a hair shampoo containing this ingredient will help in restoring your hair.
- Peppermint - It is an ingredient that stimulates circulation because it penetrates deep into hair follicles. With the increased blood flow, the hair follicles are able to get the oxygen they need and this stimulates growth of hair. Considering that this ingredient is also an astringent cleaner, a shampoo that has it will help greatly in clearing pores so the scalp breaths better and heals in the process too. A product that has peppermint, menthol or peppermint oil will work just fine.
- Biotin - It is also known as Vitamin H and works by aiding cell growth and production of amino acids. Amino acids are essential for the health of your mane and the right levels of biotin help in the prevention of hair loss therefore. This ingredient will not only reap you good results with thinning hair but will also get you stronger strands.
- Amino acids - L-cysteine and L-methionine are the known amino acids when it comes to combating hair loss. They supply sulfur to the cells, strengthening its fiber, growing hair and aiding length retention as well. The acids also help in the creation of red blood cells that deliver oxygen and nutrients to follicles leaving your growing hair healthy.
There are so many other ingredients that make hair loss shampoos effective in what they do including keratin, hyaluronic acid and apple stem cells among many others.