Has hair transplant gone wrong? Worried? What to do now? How to rectify the treatment? Chaotic? Seriously? No! - the answer is that simple!
Why worry when there are numerous advancements taking place every next day!
Are you a victim of a bad hair transplant? No problem, our team is here to help you.
Begin with the goal of determining the cause of the failure of the hair transplant procedure and thereby, develop a course of action for correcting the issue once and for all. Staying up-to-date with the latest advancements in hair restoration processes helps the surgeons to offer their patients the best and modified treatments. Traditional hair transplant methods often leave people with obvious results, such as visible plugs. The hair could look like the artificially attached hair. If you have had a hair transplant in the past that you are not happy with, it is very much possible to fix it. Hair transplant repairs need a lot of experience as well as creativity on the surgeon. We, at Panacea global hair services, offer the best Hair Transplant in Delhi.
A reparative hair transplant procedure can fix the unsatisfactory results or the hair transplant disasters that could have taken place accidentally. While choosing a dermatologist to perform a hair transplant repair, it’s important to pick someone with many years of experience not only in hair restoration but also in hair transplant repair.
Common problems of Bad Hair Transplants?
The major problems faced with poorly planned, or improperly executed, hair restoration surgery are as follows:
- Grafts restored are too large or “pluggy”;
- Forwarded Hairline
- Hairline exceptionally broad;
- Hair grafted in the wrong direction;
- Unrealistic area coverage;
- Prominent Scarring in the recipient area;
- Donor area scarring and many more
Let's discuss the reasons for a bad hair transplant -
Use of older techniques
Older hair restoration techniques are discarded by most surgeons due to their failed results. These transplant procedures can result in large areas of scarring on the scalp or visible “plugs” in the transplanted hair, leading to unnatural appearing hairlines.
- The pluggy look occurs when a dermatologist transplants a hair graft that contains more than two follicular units. The big size of the graft makes it look obvious in the transplanted area. The use of big grafts also tends to leave identifiable scars in the donor area. With visible scarring and a pluggy look, traditional methods of hair transplantation could also leave the hair growing in the wrong direction.
- Another method of hair restoration that tends to leave patients unhappy with their results is bald scalp reduction. The idea behind bald scalp reduction is simple - doctors remove the bald area of the scalp, reducing the size of the baldness on a patient’s head.
- Scalp flap surgery is yet another method of hair restoration that is for the most part not used today. It’s different from scalp reduction, as, in place of removing the bald area from a person’s scalp, the surgeon rotates the side of the head with a large flap of skin.
These procedures resulted in large scarring in the donor area, unnatural hairline, hair growing in the wrong direction, and other failures.
Poor skills of the physician
While in some cases poor hair loss treatment results are the result of outdated techniques, in others they are a result of a lack of skill on the surgeon’s part. A surgeon who doesn’t graft the hair properly, so that they end up growing in the wrong direction. It is recommended to choose a certified surgeon.
Problems with the Surgical Procedure
The most common problems of surgical procedures of hair transplantation tend to leave circular scars throughout the donor area. Other problems also include poor hair direction, inconsistent hair growth, and a generally unnatural look to the hair restoration procedure. Due to some of the surgical problems, some patients also suffer baldness.
Hair Restoration Repair
The repair process for a bad hair transplant depends on the problems an individual patient faces. If the issue is pluggy hair follicles, the surgeon performing the repair can remove the grafts and reduce their size, before replanting them in a way that is more natural-looking.
What qualities do hair transplant repairs require in the surgeon?
- A careful and detailed assessment of the impacted area of the scalp that needs to be repaired with the right examination of the donor area.
- Choice of the restoration technique that will suit the individual taking the fixation, to bring out best results,
- Hair transplant repairs need a lot of experience and creativity on the part of the surgeon, as the procedure is significantly different from regular hair restoration.
- The entire task is a challenging one and the problems need to be tackled efficiently and effectively
- Awareness of the limitations of the previous procedure’s transplant defects
- The ability to study the flaws of the previous hair restoration
- Fully understand the emotional state of the patient with the need for hair restoration repair;
Tips to repair the hair transplant
From Old to New -
With the advancements in hair transplant procedures, there are new ways of not only restoring hair in a natural way but also of repairing and fixing the results of the older techniques. Hair transplant procedures such as Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation (FUT) are supremely modified that they leave no consequential scarring after the procedure.
Undoing the Damage
Repairing and fixing the unnatural appearance of the older plugs and treating scars is obviously more involved than using the right technique in the first place, but it can be accomplished in most cases with excellent results. Looking into the repair of existing scars requires finesse and careful examination of the problem area as well as the remaining donor supply.
The Proper Way to Transplant Hair
Today’s hair transplant techniques can replicate the way hair grows in nature. The most important advancement is the identification of naturally occurring “follicular units.” These methods provide the hair restoration surgeon with the tools to actually fix the problems of earlier unsightly grafts and scars. The total number of people who will take advantage of hair transplant repair techniques is likely to grow over time as more people become aware that the older procedures can actually be corrected.
With the introduction of Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation (FUT), a technique that transplants hair in its naturally occurring follicular units, patients are able to have much more predictably and promising natural results. The technique requires substantial knowledge and skill and is performed well by only a limited number of physicians. Choose your surgeon wisely after conducting deep research.
We, at Panacea global hair services, provide the best Repair Hair Transplant in case you have had a bad hair transplant surgery.